High Performance Leadership Program - Sydney 2023/24
Facilitators: Damien Hill / Andy Paterson
Date: October 2023
High Performance Leadership Testimonial
Hear from Danica Corbett from Nodifi of her experience in our High Performance Leadership Program.
High Performance Leadership Program
The High Performance Leadership program uses Leading Teams models of leadership and team development to equip participants with the understanding and practical tools required to be a high performing leader within their organisation.
This program is suitable for individuals that wish to develop their leadership skills in a supportive yet challenging environment.
The High Performance Leadership program comprises six full days of interactive workshops, usually delivered over 6-8 months.
The program will commence on 24 October 2023 with dates and composition of subsequent sessions will be agreed between members of the group on day 1.
The delivery of the program is flexible, with sessions tailored to address the specific needs of the participants.
High Performance Leadership is a program of practical and experiential learning, delivered by Leading Teams’ expert facilitators.
As well as offering a learning opportunity, the program creates a forum for the discussion of leadership and the creation of peer networks among the group. Participants will reflect on their individual leadership practice to identify areas for development. They will have the opportunity to apply the tools and models to their leadership practice between sessions and discuss the outcomes at the next meeting.
All sessions involve the discussion of workplace matters raised by program participants. This real-life, action-based learning approach enables the sharing of experiences and ideas between group members and fosters strong networks and relationships that will deliver genuine workplace improvement.
HIGH PERFORMING LEADERS
- What it means to be a high performing leader?
- Understanding your own leadership style and how it impacts team and individual performance.
- Understanding your DiSC profile and how it linksto building relationships, communicating effectively and dealing with conflict.
- How to adapt your leadership style to suit your situation and get results.
- Developing a team trademark.
- The definition of culture and how to influence it.
- The truth about your team.
- The link between dynamics and mechanics.
- How to set goals that drive high performance.
- What motivates teams and individuals.
- The impact of attitude.
- How to influence behaviour to accelerate change within your team.
STRONG PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Understanding what strong professional relationships look like.
- Clarifying expectations between team members.
- The role of relationships in team success.
- Finding time to build strong professional relationships.
OPEN & HONEST COMMUNICATION
- Recognising the value of feedback and review.
- Knowing when and how to have a genuine conversation.
- Communicating with impact.
- Dealing with conflict productively.
After completing the High Performance Leadership program, each participant will:
- Understand what it takes to be a high performing leader and how to create a high performing team.
- Have clarity about their own leadership and decision making preferences, and how these impact on their leadership role.
- Have defined their own personal trademark and personal action plan and be committed to implementing them.
- Understand the role of genuine conversations in driving performance and be confident having them with their team.
- Possess and be able to use a toolkit of strategies and practical activities to navigate the challenges of leadership and dealing with different personalities.
- Know how to model, reward and challenge the right behaviours in their team.
- Be a leader in the promotion of the company values and culture.
- Understand the link between an ongoing review process and continuous improvement.
- Possess the skills to facilitate meaningful team reviews that cover both mechanics and dynamics and support the development of self-managing teams.
- Be committed to pro-actively shaping the future of their organisation as a leader.
THE LEADING TEAMS MODEL
At Leading Teams we focus on dynamics, that is, the way people interact and the behaviours we model, reward and challenge. We believe a high performing team has the following four fundamentals:
- 1.A clear, understood and accepted common purpose
- 2.A behavioural framework that has been developed by and agreed to by the team
- 3.Strong professional relationships built on trust and respect
- 4.A process for the ongoing review of our team and ourselves against the behavioural framework
HPL - 6 full day sessions (over 7-8 month period)
- includes venue and catering
- facilitation, session notes and materials, program review
- development of Personal Trademark and Leadership Philosophy
- Individual follow up
- Disc profile included